Your Heritage & Heritage Funeral Director is there to support you and make the funeral arrangement as simple and easy as possible.
There are some things you can do before meeting with your Funeral Director:
- Allow enough time. Set aside 1-2 hours to meet and talk with your Funeral Director to begin planning the funeral.
- Think about the day, time and place for the service
- Have some ideas about the ceremony itself – music, flowers, catering, videos etc.
- Consider whether you want a burial or a cremation
- Think about if you would like a viewing
During the funeral arrangement your Funeral Director will need you to provide some information to complete the death registration. This information will include:-
- Date of birth and birthplace of the deceased
- Marriage details-where, when and to whom
- Children(s) names and ages
- Parents’ full name and occupations
The form in the below link contains the complete information required for the registration of death.
It may also be helpful to bring along:
- Clothes for the deceased to be dressed in, a current photo is also helpful to assist with their presentation.
- Prepaid funeral plan documents, if any.
- Burial site reservation, if any.
- A list of questions you may have.